New York City, New York Attorney Representing Clients in Contested and Uncontested Divorce Actions
OUR JOB AT ROBERT W. HIATT, P.C. IS TO AGGRESSIVELY ASSERT AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS IN DIVORCE PROCEEDINGS. WHETHER YOU NEED HELP IN NEGOTIATING A SETTLEMENT OR LITIGATION, CONTACT US
NOW AT 718-979-8068.
At Robert W. Hiatt, P.C. in Staten Island, New York, we focus on the following areas of divorce and family law.
– Our fact-based approach to contested divorce cases means that we identify your specific situation and your goals. We get a complete picture of how much time you want to spend with your children and what marital assets are important to you.
– Even uncontested divorces require the guidance of a divorce experienced family law attorney. At Robert W. Hiatt, P.C.
, we facilitate the process of finalizing your divorce and ensuring that your rights are protected.
– We know the intricacies of NY law and will put together an agreement that protects your assets and rights, meets all state requirements, and is enforceable in the event of divorce.
Child Custody and Visitation
– The focus of child custody and visitation is the children and their best interests. We identify your specific needs and create a schedule that is beneficial to you and hopefully agreeable to your ex-spouse.
– In New York, child support is determined by statute. Children have an absolute right to receive support. We ensure that the right amount for the children is paid or received.
– With a separation agreement, neither spouse needs to allege a reason or cause of action for divorce. After a year under a separation agreement, a divorce will be granted. It does require careful preparation similar to what we do with a divorce.
Orders of Protection
– Whether it is getting the abuser out of the house or defending a client against false allegations, we are dedicated to our clients who are in abusive situations. We help file orders of protection and defend our clients who are wrongly accused.
– Our work does not end following the finalization of a divorce. In many cases, we need to go back to court to enforce payment of child and spousal support. Essentially, we ensure that both sides comply with the agreement.
– While spousal support is not an absolute right, it is an important aspect of any settlement. Spouses who sacrificed their careers need financial assistance to get back on their feet. We ensure that they receive the money they need.
Division of Property
– While complex, dividing property is a necessary step in a divorce. We take a fact-based analysis of all the properties to ensure a fair and equitable split.